- Filipino Miners in Bolivia
- Roadmap For Cleanup
- More Pilot Projects on the Way
If successful, the method could dramatically reduce the use of toxic mercury in small-scale gold mining across Latin America and the rest of the world. We are conducing similar tests in other countries, including Indonesia.
To help cleanup efforts, Blacksmith also identified, assessed and added over 80 polluted sites across five Latin American countries to the Blacksmith database.
In addition, two pilot projects implemented within the framework of the Global Alliance of Health and Pollution are being carried out in the cities of Montevideo in Uruguay and Buenos Aires in Argentina.
- Read the Jan 2014 newsletter
- Snapshots of Progress in 2013 – Asia
- Snapshots of Progress in 2013 – Africa
- Snapshots of Progress in 2013 – Eastern Europe/Central Asia
- Snapshots of Progress in 2013 – A Key Year in Research