Search Our Site
The Blacksmith Institute Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
- Focus on Research in Developing World: “We are missing the full picture”
- Three Papers Published in Prestigious Journal
- Fact Sheet: What is the #1 Childhood Environmental Health Threat Globally?
- The Mystery of Mining Waste Dumped In An Armenian School
- CDC’s MMWR Features Our Findings on Lead in Kabwe’s Children
Tag Archives: toxic mercury
This is what I like to call our “miracle” mercury recapturing machine. Using simple, low-cost retorts like the one pictured here, Blacksmith has been able to reduce the amount of toxic mercury released into the atmosphere by an estimated 4,000 … Continue reading
My last post pointed to new studies that indicate chronic mercury exposure in the U.S. has risen dramatically. In fact, mercury is identified as one of the Top Six Toxic Threats in Blacksmith Institute’s most recent report, which draws on … Continue reading
Chronic mercury exposure in the U.S. has risen dramatically, not only in numbers of people affected but also in amounts. A study by Professor Dan Laks found that mercury was detected in only 2% of the blood samples collected over … Continue reading
I first blogged about the toxic connection between gold and mercury back in December in my post All That Glitters, when the price of gold reached a record high. Back then, we asked you to join our December Holiday Challenge … Continue reading