Search Our Site
The Blacksmith Institute Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
- Focus on Research in Developing World: “We are missing the full picture”
- Three Papers Published in Prestigious Journal
- Fact Sheet: What is the #1 Childhood Environmental Health Threat Globally?
- The Mystery of Mining Waste Dumped In An Armenian School
- CDC’s MMWR Features Our Findings on Lead in Kabwe’s Children
Tag Archives: chernobyl
It’s been 25 years since the meltown at Chernobyl and the abandoned town of Pripyat still echoes with tragedy. Those of you who saw our virtual tour via our blog posts of April 4 and April 6 would already have … Continue reading
Our last blog post about Chernobyl generated a lot of interest among our friends, but seemed to raise more questions than it answered. Many people asked for more basic information about radiation and more comparisons between Chernobyl and Japan, and safe levels versus dangerous levels. In light of that, we have compiled this follow-up post. Continue reading
Take a virtual tour of Chernobyl and the ghost city of Pripyat at the Blacksmith Institute blog. Continue reading