Search Our Site
The Blacksmith Institute Pollution blog puts the spotlight on one of the biggest, yet most underreported, global problems – toxic pollution. Over 100 million people are at risk in some of the world’s worst polluted places. - Read More
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
* These fields are required.
- Focus on Research in Developing World: “We are missing the full picture”
- Three Papers Published in Prestigious Journal
- Fact Sheet: What is the #1 Childhood Environmental Health Threat Globally?
- The Mystery of Mining Waste Dumped In An Armenian School
- CDC’s MMWR Features Our Findings on Lead in Kabwe’s Children
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Dr. B. Sengupta recently sat down with Sarita Gupta to talk about India’s growing toxic waste problem – by his count, India generates over 8 million tons of toxic waste every year but only has the capacity to deal with … Continue reading
This is what I like to call our “miracle” mercury recapturing machine. Using simple, low-cost retorts like the one pictured here, Blacksmith has been able to reduce the amount of toxic mercury released into the atmosphere by an estimated 4,000 … Continue reading